domingo, 10 de julio de 2011

I AM BACK!!

I said I was going to be writing constantly on my blog; unfortunately, I enrolled in an English class (2020) that was so hard that I found myself crying out of frustration more than once. I usually like school, but I have been going for so long that I am beginning to hate it. I started college in 2005 as a Marketing and International Business major, but I took two semesters off because I could not pay my tuition. I was not as good at school as I am now, and I could not get a scholarship (the only way you can get money to go to school) so I decided to work full time. When I was half way through my major, Mike and I decided that I was going to come to The United States to continue my education. I spent two semesters in the English as a Second Language program and then one semester as a regular student taking general classes. After my first semester I had to again take a semester off because we could not afford the 6000 dollars for tuition as an international student. So that means that I have been going on and off, and at times I feel very discouraged. I am dying to be a mom but at the same time I know that it will take me even more time to finish school and that would break my parents' hearts, their main concern when I was coming here was that I was not going to be able to finish school. I do not mean to complain, but taking classes when English is not my first language is very challenging. Summer schedules did not help either, I had to write a 15 pages paper in one week. I felt like I was not going to make it, but I did it. I got a B+, and if you know me you would know that a B+ plus is not a very satisfactory grade for me. This is my First B+ in the two years I have been studying here, but I am grateful I did not fail the class, and more importantly I did it without Mike’s help. Well, that is the main reason why it took me so long to post something here. I will try to do it more often now that I am done with school until Fall semester.

4 comentarios:

  1. You are amazing Diane. I don't know how I could ever manage school if I had to do it in another language. Great job! You go girl!!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. You are amazing and those grades are amazing! The girls are so excited for you to come back to Utah.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I miss being able to talk to you. I guess I will have to get the email going. Love you. I am so proud of you . I don't know how long it will take but I know you will eventually make it through.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Im so impressed with your grades. My goal was just to get through school, I wasn't too concerned about the grades.
    You can always work on school on the side. Being a mom is the best career of all.

    ResponderEliminar