sábado, 1 de enero de 2011

Getting to know me!





Well, this is my first entry ever!! . I feel that I have to introduce myself since the majority of you don’t know a lot about me. I am the newest addition to the Anthony family, Michael and I got married in July 23th 2010. I was born in Mexico City but when I was 7 my parents decided that it was best for us (my brother, sister, and me) to move out of that city into a smaller and quiet one. I grew up in a beautiful and quiet city in the southeast part of Mexico and there is where I fell in love with warm days and fresh air, I also fell in love with my beloved husband in that city. Since Merida is in the coast I got to eat fresh fish and I had tropical fruit all year, like mangos (I love mango). My mother is from Mexico City, her family came from Spain. My father’s family is from Mayan ancestors 100%, so I am an interesting mix. My childhood was very normal, my dad was very strict on schedules and was always working very hard; we liked to spend the weekends together my mom was always cleaning or cooking. Both of them taught me how to work to get things I wanted since we weren’t a wealthy family. They also taught us honesty, chastity, respect for each other, and all the values I try to live each day of my life. I spent my teenage years dancing and going out with friends I started paying for my school when I was 17, my first year on college I worked full time (sometime in Mexico that means 10 hours) so I struggled. I absolutely love animals, I feel that we should respect them, love them and that like us they are precious creatures that our heavenly father created so we weren’t all by ourselves on earth and also for us to learn to share and respect other creatures, I know, maybe I love them too much. My favorite color is pink; I have a hard time choosing another color when I have pink as an option. In 2007, when I was 21 years old everything changed, I fell in love with a Mormon gringo, my family is catholic and so was I. If you want to know our love story, which comes along with the hardest but most incredible decision I have ever taken (becoming a member of the church) stay tuned…

4 comentarios:

  1. I am so happy you have started a blog. It is so nice being able to keep up with each others lives, even when everyone is crazy busy.
    We have missed you a ton!!! We can't wait for you to come back.
    Also if you need any help getting your blog set up, I would be happy to help out.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. How wonderful, you are starting a blog! It will be so good to get to know you better, even though we already love you and are so blessed to have you as a member of our family. I can't wait for your next entry!!! (P.S. I hope you and Michael liked the wedding photos.)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Cool I am excited that you are joining the blogging world and I can't wait to read more about you. Did you get my text thanking you for the cute outfit for Pearl because I love it! Thanks!

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Diane,
    I have tried to comment that I am excited to see you have a blog. The last time I wrote it didn't come through I guess. So I will try again. Anyway thanks for inviting me. I will enjoy so much getting to know you even better.

    ResponderEliminar