miércoles, 21 de agosto de 2013

Lisa's First Birthday celebration

Well I was kind of sad that nobody was around to celebrate Lisa's first birthday with us so I decided to do something special for her. Photographers here are so expensive, and the ones that are not too expensive charge you like 125 dollars per digital file. I thought it was ridiculous. However, I did find a lady that does this as a hobby and the gives you the digital files with the price of the session. One of the hardest things that I have to deal with here is that the culture is very different. I do pretty well, I have had the ability to assimilate and adapt to the culture, but it is still hard when things that are important to me are not so important for Mike. Not because he doesn't care but because he doesn't understand why.
Birthdays and special occasions are one. The first birthday of your child is one of the most important things ever in Mexico. People go to great lengths to make sure that this day does not go unnoticed, to the contrary we are used to big celebrations. I still remember when I realized that here babies get a little homemade cake and that is it. Again, don't get me wrong I don't think that's bad. it i just not what I am accustomed to. Anyway, I don't think I need to justify it I just thought it was an interesting thing to note.
Here are our favorite pictures. In the first one she looks a lot like Mike, especially that smile























Did you think I was going to leave my other child out of the pictures?

7 comentarios:

  1. Little Lisa is SO adorable! I loved all the pictures, they could not have turned out any better! And I love that you included your dog, you can tell they have a special bond, I love it!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Lisa is so beautiful and Ella looks so dignified. I love the pictures.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I love the pictures!!!! She is beautiful! I was sad we weren't able to make it to her first birthday, we would have loved to have been there. Maybe in the future you will be closer and then you can have a big celebration to make up for it.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. It looks like Ella would love to join in the party and have some of that colorful cake. These were very colorful, fun photos. Happy birthday to Lisa.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Lisa is so beautiful! I sent her a package but it got returned and it was destroyed! Im so sad she didn't get her gift:(

    ResponderEliminar
  6. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! I love all the pictures. She has the biggest brown eyes...you better watch out in a few years.
    Kay Lynn

    ResponderEliminar
  7. She is so beautiful! I love that you have Ella in some of them too. Great pictures!

    ResponderEliminar