domingo, 7 de julio de 2013

Furniture-Ella-Phone Pics

I always have the hardest time figuring out what to write on my blog. I usually get frustrated because there is nothing exciting about my life besides my precious Baby Lisa, and I am fairly good at keeping track of her on Facebook (Facebook is the best way to be in touch with family and friends in Mexico)
These past three weeks our house has gotten a big change. We have furniture. It all started when my ex-neighbor Steve was offered a job in South Carolina. Steve is a single man and according to his own words he has always had somebody else do the moving for him. At this point of his life he doesn’t have very many friends, and his kids are far from him and unwilling to help. Since he is going to be working as the manager of a furniture store he decided that he was going to leave his furniture behind, with us. In return he requested Mike to go get the furniture and help do the moving for him. Before we only had our dining room set (see previous post), a futon that Crystal gave us, a queen mattress that Steve gave us, a desk that Mike got from the UVU dumpster, and a little black TV console. Baby Lisa’s room was the only room completely furnished with a crib that Steve found for us, Grandpa Larsen’s changing table, a chair and a chest of drawers form Ikea that Mom and Dad Anthony got for us, and another piece of Ikea furniture we got ourselves. With Steve’s old furniture we now have a complete bedroom set (head board, night stands, and a chest of drawers) plus a king size mattress, we also have two tall book cases, a side table, two lamps, an entrance table, a sofa, and a gigantic chair with its ottoman, and a recliner. Although I was very happy and grateful for the offer, I also felt like we were just getting things that we really didn’t like. Then I felt so bad for having those ungrateful feelings, yes we don’t have the nice modern furniture that we both were hoping to get some day, but our house actually looks like a home now. We decided we are going to make it look more modern with some paint and fit covers for the sofa and chair. If you learned anything from my previous post you would know that I am about to to go on a black paint rampage here pretty soon. Our walls are still in need of some art, but we have the basics I guess. A picture of Jesus, a picture of the temple, and a proclamation of the family are the only things up, oh and some of our engagement and wedding pictures, I love those.
We also went to the Gibbs gardens. Mike has been in charge of the grounds at Clark Atlanta University so he likes to learn about landscaping and things like that. It is really a cool place. We didn’t have time to see the whole thing because we didn’t know it was that big and we had to go back home to pick up our dog for doggy school.
The lilly's garden. I have never seen so many




















Ella is my other baby. Between the time we met her in February and the time we actually got her in May something happened to her. When we met her she was good walking on a leash, she was perfectly fine with other dogs, she actually was living in boarding so she was constantly interacting with other dogs, she was happy and smiley. When we got her in May as a Foster-to Adopt trial she was a very stressed and fearful dog. She was scared of the car, the vacuum, the blender, the shower, the washer, the dryer, the stroller, and pretty much every loud noise or sudden movement. By the time Baby Lisa got home from the hospital Ella was much better, I had gotten her used to the stroller and the car seat, and she was fine with the blender, shower, washer, and dryer. She still hates the vacuum. Ella has been such a good sister. One of the memories I have of my first day at home with my baby was sitting on our bed trying to calm a crying baby and looking to my side and seeing Mike sound asleep, and then turning to the other side and seeing Ella so deeply asleep that she was snoring. She has never been fearful or stressed about Lisa, and is very patient.
The first three weeks of Ella with us back in May were fine, except for the fears she did so well with other dogs and people. After a month she became agitated when a dog got close to us. I did not think she was being aggressive because she was not growling or showing her teeth, she was just anxious for some reason. Then she started acting that way with men, and also when somebody would come to the door. I loved Ella since the day I met her so her issues weren’t a reason for me to give up on her. I don’t love her less because of those issues, if anything it makes her more endearing to me. I know she is no way aggressive or a danger to me or anyone in our family, and Mike is intelligent enough to let me know if he thinks otherwise. I kept in contact with the volunteers at the rescue group and two of them are in love with Ella. Michelle and Lane are Ella’s Godmothers. They send her treats and toys in the mail, they have send all sorts of anti- stress products, and even a Thunder Shirt. They have also offered to pay for all training Ella would need. It is because of them that we are been able to have professional help with our dear Ella. We have had two professional trainers assess Ella. Both have told us that she is overprotective of Lisa, Mom, Dad, and her house. Also they have both agreed that Ella is a little conflicted about what to do with other dogs, At first she wants to go play, but because we know that she doesn’t do well we pull her back, and because we pull her back she gets from us that we are stressed about the dogs, or people, so she is confused, and as I have said before, it is not the same thing to see a little tiny dog barking its head off, than seeing a 70 lb brindle dog barking her head off. People would laugh at the first and be scared of the second. I don't blame them. Another "problem" is that whether she is stressed or happy she barks, so even when she only wants to come up and say hello she still comes off a little intimidating. Lately when I realize she just wants to say hello I ask the person if it is okay for Ella to come up and say Hi, I promise them she is friendly. They are reluctant at first, but then they realize Ella is actually very friendly.
So my point I guess is that for the last three weeks we have been taking Ella to school. The class is called Who Stole my Zen, and it is an interesting experience I must say. We do yoga and doga (yoga for doggies). Mike thought it was ridiculous until he saw some improvement. The point of the class is eventually for reactive dogs to relax on command. Maybe one of these days I can take some pictures. They set up the class room with lavender candles and relaxing music, and each dog has its own private segment of the room so they don’t have to see their classmates. Each section has a yoga mat for the dog and one for the owner (unless you take your own) and it also has Zen candles. I have been trying to do my homework with her at home and we are also trying not to expose her to her triggers, at least until we finished the first part of the class. We will see what happens. I just feel bad because Ella is such a sweet loving dog, she loves us, and most importantly she keeps me sane. Sometimes at the end of the day I just want to lay with her on the floor and pet her, hug her, and talk to her, which probably makes me a weirdo. Dogs have amazing effects on people and I know for a fact that if I didn’t have her I would be depressed, I have no doubt about it. I just love her, and I know that people who have met her know that she is just a love bug.
Ella smiling because her friends Michelle and Lane came to visit her.

Ella being a good sister. Did you know that Lisa's first word was "ELLA"?

Ella and Lane

Ella and Michelle. Ella gets several toys and treats every time these guys come to our house. Baby Lisa gets stuff too


Our Fourth of July was terrible it rained and rained. I put Lisa in a cute white dress and I put a pretty red, blue and white bow. For some reason she tried to pull it off of her hair until she did it. I made a joke that she wasn’t a true American and that maybe she just wanted to be Mexican like her Mom. It didn’t go well with Mike, who reminded me that she was born here; he then gave me a dirty look. You don’t joke about patriotism on the fourth of July. Lesson learned.

I will not post another entry until I get my “new” furniture where it should be. Wait for photos.


I do have a lot of phone photos that I just took off of Mike cell phone. Here are my favorites
I had to share this even though I am probably not supposed to do it.

Clark Atlanta University (CAU)  hs a football team and they were playing I don't know what school. The other teams fans decided to vandalize the poor panther. Mike had to go to the school at an ungodly hour to fix the mess, and CAU's pride.

When Lisa was younger she Liked to wrap her head with her blanket, which I though wasn't safe at all. We took the blanket away when I discovered her like this, with a soaking wet head.

My little family in our old apartment. I have to say that no furniture gives you so much crawling training space. Lisa is so good and fast at crawling that she doesn't even bother to even try walking

Shopping at Target

My Babies

Ella at the vets for her yearly shots and heart worm test. She wanted to play with that little guy in the back, but his mamma said no thanks. Most people are scared of Ella's looks. Again, I don't blame them for being cautious.

Baby Lisa had a blow out while sitting on Daddy's legs. You could see the poop on Mike's left leg.

Lisa's room

I love this fashionable coat

Taking a nap in the car

Going out for a walk with Ella and Mom

Waiting for Mom while she visit teaches

Frida and Diego are two of the most recognized Mexican painters. The High Art Museum in Atlanta had an exposition and I had to go.



I don't know much about art, but I do know that Frida was awesome, and so is her work. She painted a lot about pain

Coming out from church

Happy Baby Lisa

At the doggy park where Ella runs wild

smiling at something silly mom is doing

With Dara

Ella is wearing her ThunderShirt during a thunder storm. She  was  so scared that she was "hiding" behind dad

Dara trying to read greeen eggs and ham to Lisa in Spanish

This should be a separate entry. The black widow (our car) has no air cond. and I have to take Lisa's clothes off because there is no windows and every time I take her out of the car she is super super sweaty and hot. My poor baby. If anyone wants to make Mike guilty feel free to email him. Please

Lisa waiting for us to put food down for her to put it everywhere BUT her mouth

Another cute outfit. Terrible picture
 The next pictures are just to show you how it is to be out for dinner with the Baby Lisa M. Anthony. This happened after she had enough of the high chair.









Lisa loving the pack&play while mom cooks dinner

Ella usage




Using Ella's butt to reach my laptop 


5 comentarios:

  1. It's always fun to see all your photos, especially of Lisa. I am looking forward to seeing all your new furniture.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Cute pictures. Good luck with Ella and her classes. It will be nice to have furniture.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Diana what do you mean you have nothing o share. If you just posted pictures it would be great.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I am still waiting for the day when all my furniture matches. You are lucky that you get help from trainers with Ella. I wish I could have gotten some help for Maya before it was too late. I love the pictures of baby Lisa grabbing Mike's head at the restaurant. That was really funny.

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Don't worry about your furniture, we all start out that way (Im still waiting for that to change). You should have seen my one bedroom apartment in Vegas and we had a car without air conditioning there. Got to love 115 degrees in a car w/o air conditioning, but we will give him a guilt trip because my Lisa deserves the best!
    Im really happy Ella has you for an owner. You are able to give her the time and attention she needs to be able to get over her struggles. My poor animals don't get much attention due to the kids (I had 12 kids at my house most of the week last week, I was watching some nephews and then had friends etc over, it was crazy) Lucy does have Edney with her now and she is much happier with a friend to keep her company.
    Love getting your updates and we are thankful for both Lisas American blood and Mexican blood:)

    ResponderEliminar